12/21/10

Trip to Michigan

We had a wonderful but quick trip to Michigan to celebrate Christmas with Nonnie, Papa, Auntie Tina and family. We were so excited to take Brody up so he could meet everyone. All so for them to see Ellie. She has changed so much since they saw her last. She was only 6 months the last time they saw her. We stayed at John's grandparents the first night and Auntie Tina's the second night. We were so glad to visit with everyone. The kids both did pretty good on the trip. Ellie watched dora the ENTIRE way to Michigan and half way home. Ellie was pretty full of energy during the trip. She crashed on the way home for the first half of the drive. On Friday night when we got to John's grandparents she was acting WILD! She didn't go to bed until almost midnight. It was a little crazy. I thought she did pretty good though for her last trip being away from home a year ago. Brody did excellent. He just laid back and took it all in. We did Christmas with everyone while we were there. It was really nice doing it in person with them. We also got to celebrate Anna's Birthday and enjoy and awesome dinner for it! We also got to go to the Italian store Ventimiglia's while we were there. I can't wait to cook with all the yummy true Italian food I got there. John and I are planning on going back this summer to visit with everyone and some extended family this summer in Michigan.
I am ready for Christmas. I am very excited for Ellie to open gifts and enjoy Christmas this year. I also want her to know the reason for the season though. I have been talking to her about it. You would be surprised at the number of children who knew why we celebrated Christmas in my classroom. I asked them who's Birthday it was. Not one of them knew. That made me really sad. I really want to make a point so my children fully understand and know why we celebrate Christmas! John and I are also striding for them to live a Christian life.
Papa and Brody
 Nonnie and Brody
 Raye, Nonnie, Papa and Brody
 Raye on our way to Auntie Tina's
 Lil Bubby Wubby
 Raye LOVES her sweater Auntie Tina got her!
 Opening a gift from Auntie Tina
 She got a bath tub for her bitty babies
 She just loves cousin Anna! We got to celebrate cousin Anna's Birthday while we visited!
She loves her bath tub! Thanks so much Auntie Tina!
 YAY! Bubby got his stocking. Our set is complete now! Thanks Auntie Tina for the stocking for Brody.
 Opening her card from MawMaw and PawPaw she got in the mail today. She even opened her Bubby's card too!
 Silly Daddy took her sunglasses!
 She's always being silly. She loves sunglasses and all my old jewelry i've given her.

Blog Archive